Smart City Logistics enables you to design and build a greener city logistics. It offers a wide range of features that simplify communication and decision making about urban logistics.
- User account
- Data manager (for registered user only)
Registered users have access to all the maps of a city for which he subscribes and have extended access to modules, data manager and scenario.
The feature provides you an easy way to look at the urban logistics and understand situation for a specific city. Data come from OSM, commercial websites and websites of cities.
It enables you to register and display new maps via web services.
Modules allow you to plan a route by van, by truck, by bicycle or on foot in order to get the shortest, the quickest or the most sustainable route direction to the destination of your choice.
To compute current nuisances associated to the urban delivery activity and create scenarii highlighting the variations in CO2 emission.
The team is composed of multidisciplinary engineers. For more information about the Smart City Logistics platform and iGUESS, please contact the product manager . For more information about the LaMiLo project, please contact the project manager .
Smart City Logistics has been developed and is hosted by the Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology. It was part of the LaMiLo project, an initiative funded by the programme Interreg IVB NWE
Smart City Logistics is based on the open source geospatial software framework iGUESS built on the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) Standards. It allows easy and transparent ways of data integration and exchange, the integration and linking of modelling tools and the visualisation of information. iGUESS provides a basis for web based decision support platforms in the fields of Urban Logistics, Energy planning, Water management, Air Pollution and Ecosystems Services to make our Cities smarter.
The iGUESS Software Framework Team
- Christian Braun (Geocomputation and modelling expert, OGC web services)
- Luís de Sousa (Geospatial Software Architecture and Development, modelling expert, OGC web services, PyWPS)
- Matteo de Stefano (Geospatial Software Development, Meta Data Services)
- Ulrich Leopold (iGUESS Manager, Geocomputaton expert, Geostatistics)
- Alessio Mastrucci (Energy modelling expert, statistical modelling)
- Mickaël Stefas (Geospatial Software Development)
- Patrik Hitzelberger (Database expert)
- Maël Cornil (Geospatial Software Development)
Former team members
- Olivier Baume (Gecomputation expert, statistical modelling)
- Christopher Eykamp (Geospatial Software Developer)
- Rui Martins (Energy expert)
- Calin Ciociu (Computer Science, University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg)
- Luisa Egenlauf (Geography, University of Heidelberg, Germany)
- Jovial Matshazi (UNESCO-IHE, University of Delft, Netherlands)
- Susanna Salvucci (Architecture, University Marche, Italy)
- Kerry Schiel (Geography, University of Luxembourg)
- Florent Zajda (Paris Graduate School of Digital Innovation (Epitech), University of Nancy, France)